Apr 30, 2020, 03:46 PM IST

Mumbai. After the death of Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor, noted writer and lyricist Javed Akhtar also expressed condolences for him. In his tweet, he also described an interesting anecdote of the first meeting between the two, calling Rishi a dear friend. Rishi Kapoor died in a hospital in Mumbai on Thursday morning, at the age of 67.

Javed Akhtar while paying tribute to him wrote, ‘Today I lost my love friend Rishi Kapoor. Our first meeting was in 1973 in Bangalore. He came to attend a charity show of ‘Bobby’ and I was there to shoot for ‘Sholay’. The two of us met in the evening and kept talking for a few hours to start a 47-year friendship. Goodbye dear friend. ‘

Cancer was detected 2 years ago

In the year 2018, Rishi Kapoor was diagnosed with leukemia ie blood cancer, after which he went to the US for treatment. He returned to India in September last year after staying there for 11 months. He was accompanied by his wife Neetu throughout the US. Ranbir Kapoor went to New York to meet her several times. A few days ago, Rishi said in an interview, ‘Now I feel much better. And anyone can do any work. Wondering when to start acting again. Don’t know if people will like my work now or not. I was bloodied several times in New York. Then I told Neetu – I hope that despite the new blood, I will not forget the acting.

Was hospitalized twice in February

Rishi Rishi Kapoor was hospitalized twice in February this year. Once when he went to attend a family event in Delhi, he was admitted to a hospital there. At that time, the sage himself said that he was suffering from infection. After his return to Mumbai, he was again hospitalized due to viral fever, but was discharged after his health improved quickly.

Family said- Despite leukemia, family, friends, movies and food were his focus

This message was issued by the family after the death of Rishi Kapoor – “Our beloved Rishi Kapoor passed away at 8.45 am this morning after a battle with leukemia for two years. The doctors and medical staff of the hospital said that they continued to entertain them till the end. He underwent treatment for two years on two continents and during this time he remained cheerful and lively. Family, friends, tasty food and films remained his focus. Everyone he met during this time was surprised to know how he did not let the disease dominate him.

He was indebted to the love he was getting from his fans all over the world. After he left all the fans would understand that the sage wanted him to be remembered with a smile, not a tear. In the midst of this loss, we know that the world is going through a very difficult period. There are restrictions on the movement of people and their mobilization. We request all his fans, fans and friends to respect the rules and regulations. “

Leave a Reply