There is no less of such amateurs in the world, so they are ready to pay any price to get their favorite thing. One such fan put a bid of more than 2 lakhs for a phone with a transparent look. Actually, we are talking about the Nothing Phone (1), which gets fancy flashing lights on the back panel. The phone will be officially launched globally on July 12. But ahead of the launch, the company announced that the first 100 units of the phone (1) will be auctioned this month. These units will be special editions, with a serialized number engraved on the side of the phone. The auction has begun and Nothing has partnered with the StockX website to place bids.
Auction will run till July 23
– If you are also interested in placing a bid, you can go to the stockx page and start bidding. The lowest bid for the phone was made yesterday and was just $156 (approximately Rs 12,000) and the highest bid was $2679 (approximately 2,09,461) (at the time of writing this article). The auction will run till tomorrow i.e. July 23.
– The winner will be the first to receive the Nothing Phone (1). One thing to note though is that the delivery of these units will take 35 working days, which only comes at the time of the official release of the phone. But still, you can have the phone in your hand while it is being launched next month.
Nothing Phone (1) Design and Specs
– The Nothing Phone (1) will come with a premium design and it is said to offer a different experience as compared to other Android phones. The device will boot on Dot Matrix-style Nothing OS, which will be based on Android 12.
– It is being said that it will have a translucent design with LED strips at the back, which will glow when notifications come or while charging. Nothing calls it a glyph interface. It was recently showcased in a hands-on video by MKBHD.
– It will have a 6.55-inch punch-hole display with full-HD + (1080×2400 pixels) resolution and 90Hz refresh rate. It will feature an OLED panel with a no-chin design, which means that all the bezels on the phone will be of the same size, providing a seamless experience.
Also read- Now do train travel while sleeping, there will be no tension of leaving the station
Powering the handset will be Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset. If the device reaches India early after its launch next month, it could be the first Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 phone in the country. It will come in two RAM options – 6GB and 8GB and a 128GB base internal storage option. As of now, it has not been revealed whether it will have a microSD card slot or not.
– For photography, the phone will have dual cameras at the back with a 50MP main lens. On the front, it will get a single selfie snapper. For the battery, it will pack a 4500mAh battery with support for 45W fast charging technology.
What will be the price of Nothing Phone (1)
– The phone (1) will be launched globally on 12th July and will be available in India soon after its release. The models offered in India are said to be locally made in Tamil Nadu, which hints that the phone could be priced better in India.
Its price in India is expected to exceed Rs.30,000. It is being said that after the launch, this phone will compete with OnePlus, Realme, Xiaomi and Samsung. Not to mention, that Apple iPhones also come in the same price during the sale period.