May 02, 2020, 03:59 PM IST
During the lockdown, if you are also missing out on food, today in the lockdown recipe, we have brought Khandvi to become instant. The special thing is that all the ingredients falling in it are usually easily found at home. Chef Kunal Kapoor explains how it can be prepared easily at home.
What do you need
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Whipped curd – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric – less than 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Fresh Coconut – 1-2 tbsp (grated)
- Rye – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 1
Make like this
- To mix Khandvi, add gram flour, whisked curd, salt, ginger paste, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Now to cook it, put the batter in the pan and cook the batter with a spoon until it gets thick in consistency. Keep the solution running continuously. This solution will become sufficiently thick in about 4-5 minutes.
- Now put a plate upside down and spread the Khandvi solution thinly in the plate and let it cool.
- Put oil in a small pan and heat it. Now add mustard seeds, after frying, add finely chopped green chilies and mix. Also, add grated coconut and finely chopped green coriander in the tempering.
- Now put the prepared tempering on top of the frozen layer of this mixture. Cut it into long wide strips with the help of a knife and make a roll of these strips, put all the rolls on the plate.
- Taste-filled Khandvi is ready. Serve Khandvi with green coriander sauce and eat.