Samsung announced its 200-megapixel ISOCELL HP1 sensor in September last year. According to a latest report, an improved 200-megapixel sensor, known as the ISOCELL HP3, developed by Samsung Electronics Mobile Division and Samsung Electro-Mechanics. Will be ready soon and will come in the new flagship smartphone of the company. The new sensor can be given in the Samsung Galaxy S23 series, which can come as a successor to the Samsung Galaxy S22 lineup. The new sensor is said to be an advanced version of the ISOCELL HP1 which uses new pixel-binning technology to provide a maximum image resolution of 200 megapixels.

One of the South Korean publications ETNews Report According to reports, Samsung is preparing an updated version of the 200-megapixel sensor, which is called ISOCELL HP3. Samsung Electronics holds 30 per cent and the electro-mechanics division is managing the remaining 70 per cent. Samsung is expected to introduce a new 200-megapixel camera on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra in 2023.

The specifications of the Samsung ISOCELL HP3 sensor are not known. However, the camera sensor could be 200 megapixels, making it one of the largest sensors installed on any phone. currently Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S20 And Galaxy S21 High resolution rear camera can be given in the model with 108 megapixel sensor.

The Samsung ISOCELL HP3 is expected to be similar to its predecessor, the ISOCELL HP1. Comes with a pixel size of 0.64-micron pixels and is equipped with Chameleon Cell technology that uses two-by-two, four-by-four, or full pixel layouts to capture users and photos between 12.5 and 200 megapixel resolution. provides. The Samsung ISOCELL HP1 can capture 8K video at 30 frames-per-second (fps), without reducing the area of ​​view.

If the information is correct, then the Samsung Galaxy S23 will not be the first smartphone to have a 200-megapixel camera. A 200-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL HP1 sensor can also be found in Motorola’s upcoming Motorola Frontier. Xiaomi is also set to launch its first 200 megapixel camera phone in the second half of 2022.

Leave a Reply